LaTESOL is pleased to announce that we are running two events this year: the annual conference and a mini-Dream Day! We are so excited that you are thinking about joining us this year. We are currently accepting conference proposals, so please think about submitting some of your great teaching ideas! As we are in the process of reorganizing and reimagining our board, we are definitely looking for new at-large members as well.
Interested in serving on the board to help shape the future of TESOL in Louisiana? Come to our open meeting at 4 PM after our annual conference on November 10!
- The LaTESOL 2017 Annual Conference
- Mini-Dream Day
- This is a conference for non-ESL professionals (and emerging ESL professionals) to learn more about working with English Language Learners
- Sessions will include:
- Scaffolded learning for content area teachers
- Teaching history and social studies to ELLs using authentic materials
- ELL rights in the classroom and in school
- Down and dirty linguistics for Arabic, Vietnamese, and Spanish
- Location: University of New Orleans